Tuesday 29 April 2008

My Time in DKIT

Upon weighing up all of the pros and cons, I think that overall I enjoyed my experience. It went really fast, 4 years gone already, its mad. I don't know what to do with myself now. I suppose i'll have to go and get myself a "real" job!

Anyway, I studied here at DKIT for 4 years. I completed a course known as Hospitality Management. It is a three year course, after which you have the possibility of continuing and completing a fourth year to obtain an honours degree. For those of you that are interested, click here for an outline of the course.


Year 1 was fun. I didn't take anything too seriously but still did quite well. I think this immediately pushed me in the wrong direction! I somehow thought that I could get through the rest of college life like this, how wrong was I!

Year 2 was quite fun too. We only had one semester at college and then spent 9 months on work placement which I really enjoyed.
After so long out of college, it was really difficult getting back into the swing of things at the beginning of year 3. This was when I realised that I had to start doing some real work, and it was hard, but, worth it in the end, and I even came back to complete a fourth year, which I am glad that I did, however, has put me off doing any more. I would have liked to do some more, but I think this last year has taken everything out of me! Very stressful!

Oh well, overall I had an enjoyable experience and I think I probably will miss the place but when you think about all the stress that the place put me through I'll probably be happy that I'm finished

No comments: